AIMEE'S GREEN AVOCADO MILKSHAKE FOR ST. PATRICK'S DAY
The secret ingredient for this milkshake is the avocado! Though avocados are delicious, they tend to be a bit bland. Adding avocado to the milkshakes just makes the milkshake even creamier and turns it green for St. Patrick's Day! You may find that you need two avocados, and if so, just add a pinch more sugar, if needed.
- Vanilla Ice Cream (amount to your preference; but at least four good scoops)
- 1 cup of milk (more/less may be needed, depending on your desired consistency)
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 1 avocado, peeled and seeded * (see note)
- 1 shot of Irish cream OR 1 shot of flavored coffee creamer, for a non-alcoholic drink
*note - Slice avocado in half. With a knife, pop the seed out, then use a towel to remove seed from knife. Next, using a spoon, run along the edges of the avocado to remove the avocado halves by "scooping" out.
In a blender, combine all ingredients, then pour into glass. Top with homemade whipped cream and miniature chocolate chips, if desired.
AIMEE'S GREEN WHIPPED CREAM
Place bowl and beaters in freezer for at least 10 minutes prior to making whipped cream to ensure they are cold.
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup to 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 drops green food coloring
Pour heavy whipping cream into bowl and add green food coloring. Beat heavy whipping cream until it starts to thicken, and slowly add sugar. You can add any kind of flavoring that you desire, or even add cinnamon, to make cinnamon whipped cream!