Figs are coming into season now that summer is ending, and this is a great way to start using them. Make these bacon wrapped stuffed figs for an appetizer or as a tailgating food for football games!
AIMEE'S BACON WRAPPED STUFFED FIGS
- 1 package figs (use about 10 in the package; can use all if you desire)
- 5 pieces of bacon (place in freezer while prepping everything else so bacon will be easier to cut)
- 4 ounces goat cheese, softened
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- Extra honey for drizzling
Preheat oven to 350. Cut the stems off your figs, then stick a butter knife into the center of the fig and twist, to create an opening. In a bowl, stir together the goat cheese, honey, vanilla and cayenne pepper and cinnamon, if using. Spoon goat cheese mixture into the center of each fig. Remove bacon from freezer and slice 5 pieces of bacon in half. Wrap a piece of bacon around each fig, then secure with a toothpick. Place on a foil-lined cookie sheet. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the bacon is cooked. Remove from the oven and drizzle with honey. Enjoy!