AIMEE'S BALSAMIC CHICKEN & MUSHROOMS
This is a recipe from my sweet Mom, Linda Jackson. It is super delicious, but also quite easy to make. If you don't have dried thyme, you can use Italian seasonings, or even omit.
- 2 teaspoon vegetable or olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast (pounded out)
- 2 cups mushrooms, halved or sliced
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
In a nonstick skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil on medium high heat. In a medium bowl, mix 2 Tablespoons vinegar, the mustard and garlic. Add chicken, turn to coat. Transfer chicken to skillet. Saute chicken until cooked through, about 3 minutes on each side. Transfer to platter and keep warm. Heat remaining teaspoon oil in skillet. Saute mushrooms for 1 minute. Add broth, thyme and remaining Tablespoon of vinegar. Stir until mushrooms are deep brown. Serve chicken topped with mushrooms.