Enjoy a delicious barbecue chicken pizza for a summer dinner!
Watch Aimee make this yummy pizza!
AIMEE'S BARBECUE CHICKEN PIZZA
- 1 (1 pound) pizza dough
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and chopped (or shredded)
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce plus an additional 1/2 cup (I used my cousin Mickey's sauce, from Al & Mick's in Snead, Alabama; but you can use whatever your favorite is!)
- 1 orange bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 red onion, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
Preheat your oven to 400. Spray your pizza pan, then stretch (or roll) your dough onto your pan. In a small bowl, mix the chicken with 1/4 to 1/2 cup barbecue sauce then set aside. Spread 1/2 cup of barbecue sauce onto the pizza dough, leaving about 1/2 an inch uncovered. Add the orange bell pepper, red onion then the chicken to the pizza. Dollop the ricotta cheese and goat cheese across the entire pizza. Lastly, sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the entire pizza. Bake for 20 minutes. If you prefer a crispy crust, remove the pizza after the first 10 minutes, and slide directly onto the rack, then bake for another 10 minutes. Remove the pizza from the oven and top with the cilantro. Enjoy!