AIMEE'S FOOTBALL DAY BEER BRATS/SAUSAGES
You can use bratwurst or sausages. I call them football brats/sausages, because it’s a wonderful food to eat on a cold game day!
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 package brats or Italian sausages of your choice (if entertaining, figure on two per person, at least)
- 2 large white onions, sliced into long strips
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced into long strips
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced into long strips
- 1 beer or your choice; I used a lager beer
In a large pot with a lid, coat the bottom of pot with olive oil. Add sausages and cook until they are browned. Remove sausages, and add onions and peppers. If more olive oil is needed, add it here. Cook until the onions are translucent. Return the brats back to the pot, and add both beer. Cook over medium heat until the beer has cooked down to a syrup, about 15 minutes. **If you would like, you can add bell peppers to this - just add with the onion.