AIMEE'S BLACKBERRY AND PEACH TRIFLE WITH ORANGE RUM CREAM
- 4 slices of angel food cake
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup chopped peaches
- 1 cup orange rum cream (recipe below)
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons orange rum for angel food cake
- 4 Tablespoons orange rum for fruit
Place slices of angel food cake on a plate. Using a pastry brush or just a spoon, brush the orange rum over both sides of the angel food cake. Place blackberries and peaches in a bowl, then add 4 Tablespoons of orange rum. Gently toss together then set aside for flavors to marry. Cut angel food cake into pieces to fit into trifle glasses. In martini or small trifle glasses, layer angel food cake, berries then orange rum cream. Finish with the fruit on top of the cream and enjoy!
AIMEE'S ORANGE RUM CREAM
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon orange rum
Using a bowl and beaters that have been kept in the freezer to keep cold, beat heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar and orange rum until peaks appear.