With a little break in the heat, why not take advantage of the delicious tomatoes and fresh basil, and bake this delicious Caprese stuffed chicken? It looks so elegant when you slice it, and yet it could not be easier to make!
AIMEE'S CAPRESE STUFFED CHICKEN BREASTS
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- sea salt and pepper (to sprinkle each chicken breast; about 1/2 teaspoon each breast)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup fresh, mozzarella cheese, cut into small pieces
- 1 bunch fresh basil, torn
- olive oil (about 1/2 teaspoon each breast)
- balsamic vinegar (about 1/2 teaspoon each breast)
Lightly spray a small casserole dish with cooking spray, then set aside. Take a large piece of parchment paper and place one chicken breast on one side of paper; sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper on both sides, then fold the other side of the parchment paper on top of chicken breast. Using a mallet, rolling pin or even a can of vegetables (that has been unopened), pound the chicken breast to about 1/2 inch thickness. Unfold parchment paper and add tomatoes, basil and mozzarella. Drizzle each breast with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, then starting with one end of the chicken, roll it up. Secure with toothpicks and add to your casserole dish, seam side down. Repeat with each chicken breast. Bake at 375 for 35 to 40 minutes. Remove toothpicks before slicing and serving.
AIMEE'S CAPRESE BITES
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 4 ounces fresh Mozzarella cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- sea salt
Take a toothpick and alternately thread cherry tomatoes, basil and mozzarella cheese. Once all done, place on platter and drizzle with about 1 Tablespoon (total) balsamic vinegar and 1 Tablespoon olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.