- 1 pound fresh, good quality white fish, like red snapper or sea bass (with no bones); Tilapia is a great, economical choice
- 1 cup fresh lime juice
- ¾ cup fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup fresh orange juice
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 small red onion, finely minced
- 1 jalapeño, finely diced (or for more heat, you could use a Serrano or habanero pepper, also finely diced)
- salt and pepper to taste (I like to use kosher salt)
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped (added shortly before serving so cilantro does not become wilted)
- **Red, green and yellow bell peppers may be added for more color, if desired. Just finely dice them if you add to the recipe.
- Extra lime slices for garnish
- Avocado slices for garnish
Cut the fish into bite size pieces and place in a large glass bowl with the lime, lemon and orange juices. Add the garlic, red onion and pepper, tossing all to coat. Cover with clear wrap, and refrigerate for 4 hours, stirring occasionally. (You may refrigerate overnight, although you might find the fish tastes more like citrus juice than fish. Your choice!) Remove from the refrigerator, uncover and add salt, pepper and cilantro, stirring gently to mix. You may serve this on a tostada, with chips, or in a beautiful martini glass with a lime wedge and avocado slices for garnish. Enjoy!