Watch Aimee making this Cherry Chicken Salad.
In honor of President's Day, enjoy this easy, delicious and healthy "Cherry" Chicken Salad.
AIMEE'S HEALTHY CHERRY CHICKEN SALAD
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts cooked and cut into cube sizes
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup fresh cherries, pitted and halved (dried cherries may be substituted but have more sugar)
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, diced (with celery leaves)
- 1/2 to 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 cup Cabot low-fat Greek Yogurt
- juice of one lime (optional)
Whip heavy cream just as you would for sweetened whipped cream, only add 1 teaspoon ground cumin as soft peaks start to form. In a separate, larger bowl, combine all ingredients, adding the cumin whipped cream, last. Gently stir all ingredients together with a spatula until well incorporated. Add fresh squeezed lime juice to mixture, if desired. Keep cold, and serve in a cantaloupe half or in sandwiches. Enjoy!