Want something easy and delicious that will take you back to your childhood? Make this creamsicle ice cream pie - but with a grown up twist! Chocolate and orange are delicious flavor combinations, and the chocolate ganache in and on top of this pie is quite the treat!
AIMEE'S CHOCOLATE CREAMSICLE ICE CREAM PIE
- 1 9 inch graham cracker pie crust or chocolate wafer pie crust
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt, softened
- 1 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- chocolate ganache (recipe below)
- homemade whipped cream
- orange slice for garnish
Spread about 1/2 cup of chocolate ganache on the pie crust. Mix vanilla ice cream (or frozen yogurt) and orange juice concentrate together in a bowl, then pour into pie crust, on top of chocolate. Cover and place into freezer to set; at least 4 hours. Remove from freezer and top with whipped cream then drizzle more ganache on top.
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips (semisweet, milk chocolate or a mixture of the two)
- 1 cup heavy cream
Place chocolate chips in a heat proof bowl (heavy glass is best). Heat heavy cream on the stove top in a small sauce pan just until it boils. Pour cream over chocolate chips and stir until all of the chocolate has melted. At this point, if desired; you can add vanilla extract, orange extract or liquors.