Here is another simple, delicious way to dress up chicken. Make coconut chicken strips that are so delicious, you will never miss the fried version of this dish:
AIMEE'S COCONUT CHICKEN STRIPS
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 cup corn flakes, crushed through food processor
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Caribbean seasoning
Soak chicken breasts in coconut milk (in a pie dish) for about 20-30 minutes. In a separate pie plate, mix corn flakes, flour, coconut and seasonings. Cut chicken into strips and dredge through cornflake mixture. Set on greased cookie sheet. Bake at 425 for 25 to 27 minutes.
Serve with 1 cup orange marmalade that you have heated in the microwave and if desired, stir in finely diced habanero pepper into marmalade.