AIMEE'S COCONUT MOCHA LATTE
Makes 1 drink
- 1/2 packet hot cocoa mix (1 ounce size)
- 1 Tablespoon coconut simple syrup (recipe below)
- 1 shot espresso
- 1/2 cup heated milk plus 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- homemade whipped cream
- chocolate curls for topping
- For Coconut Simple Syrup:
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
In a saucepan over medium heat, heat the water and sugar and cook until the sugar dissolves. This is your simple syrup. Remove from heat and stir in 1 teaspoon peppermint extract. Store in a mason jar and set aside.
Place 1/2 packet of hot cocoa mix in the bottom of your mug. Stir in 1 Tablespoon of peppermint simple syrup to make a paste. Add one shot of freshly brewed espresso (or 2 shots to make it a double) and then add 1/2 cup heated milk, (to which you have added 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract). Stir all together then top with homemade whipped cream and chocolate curls.