AIMEE'S CRANBERRY SALAD
This is one of those wonderful, "hand-me-down" recipes. My precious Aunt Earlene gave this recipe to me, and she learned it from her mother; my Mamaw Jackson. (My Great-Grandmother). I wrote it down one day while we were on the phone, exactly as Aunt Earlene told me, but this year I lightened it up, quite a bit. This is so wonderful and is great for Thanksgiving, because it really feeds a crowd!
- 2 cups fresh cranberries; (use the whole bag, actually)
- 2 packages of red jello; raspberry, strawberry or cherry
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1/2 cup Cava (I used Freixenet Cordon Negro)
- 3/4 cup sugar (instead of 2 cups)
- make jello with the sugar, following package directions
- 2 oranges, cut into pieces
- 2 apples cubed
- small can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 cup of pecans
Pulse cranberries in the food processor. Dissolve jello in hot water, then add sugar. Mix all ingredients together and let it congeal in the refrigerator.