CRESCENT MUSHROOM TURNOVERS
This is another recipe from my precious friend, Mary Tucker. If you would like, you can use puff pastry instead of crescent rolls.
- 1 small box of mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 2 Tablespoons minced onion
- 3 Tablespoons butter, separated
- *1 Tablespoon Sazón Completa (optional, but I love it!)
- 1 (8 oz.) can refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 3 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tablespoons sesame seeds
Preheat oven to 375. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, slowly cook and stir mushrooms, parsley and onion in 2 Tablespoons butter until tender. Drain and set aside. Separate the dough into 4 rectangles. Cut rectangles in half, forming 8 squares, and arrange on a large baking sheet. Place 1 Tablespoon of the mushroom mixture on each square. Top each square with 1 teaspoon Parmesan cheese. Fold the square into triangles. In a small saucepan, melt remaining butter. Brush triangles with butter and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.