Gorgeous spring days scream for outdoor dining - this curry chicken salad is perfect for a picnic!
AIMEE'S HEALTHY CURRY CHICKEN SALAD
- 3 chicken breasts cooked and cut into cube sizes (or rotisserie chicken; skin removed)
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup Cabot low-fat Greek Yogurt
- 3 Tablespoons ground curry
- 1/2 large Granny Smith apple, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, diced (with celery leaves)
- 1/2 to 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- juice of one lime (optional)
Whip heavy cream just as you would for sweetened whipped cream, only add the curry as soft peaks start to form. In a separate, larger bowl, combine all ingredients, adding the whipped cream, last. Gently stir all ingredients together with a spatula until well incorporated. Add fresh squeezed lime juice to mixture, if desired. Keep cold, and serve on a bed of lettuce or in sandwiches. Enjoy!