As the temperatures heat up, we're looking for ways to have a delicious, healthy meal, without heating up the kitchen. Here's my take on a Greek tortellini salad. It's easy, healthy and delicious!
Watch Aimee make this easy Greek Tortellini Salad!
AIMEE'S EASY GREEK TORTELLINI SALAD
- 1 package frozen tortellini, cooked and drained
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup basil and mint combined, torn
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, rinsed and drained
- 2 Tablespoons capers, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup good extra virgin olive oil (I used Tinto Rey Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/8 cup red wine vinegar (just pour half into a 1/4 cup measuring cup)
- 1/8 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup feta cheese (crumbled)
- 2 cups chopped, cooked chicken (optional)
Mix the tortellini, tomatoes, basil, mint, olives and capers together. In a small mixing bowl, combine extra virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper (about 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper). Pour that oil and vinegar mixture over the tortellini mixture and toss to combine. This is a great dish to make ahead, just cover it and keep it in the refrigerator! If desired, add the chicken.