Watch Aimee show you how to make this easy latte!
Back by popular demand from viewers, it's my Pumpkin Spice Latte!
AIMEE’S PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE
- Espresso - about 3 Tablespoons
- water (to fill espresso maker; just to the steam line)
- 1 cup vanilla soymilk (or you may use skim or whole milk)
- 1 Tablespoon pure pumpkin (tip - after opening a can of pumpkin, you can freeze the mixture in a measuring cup, ice cube trays or small containers to use for other recipes, later)
- 1 Tablespoon sugar (optional)
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice or apple pie spice (or cinnamon, etc. Whatever flavor you desire)
Fill your espresso machine with espresso, packing it down as you go with the back of a spoon to pack in the espresso. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for whatever type you have. For mine, I place the water in the bottom, up to the steam section, then add the espresso in the middle section. I screw on the “pitcher” which is the top, and place it on the stove top, with the lid flipped off. Once it starts brewing, close the lid. When the espresso has finished brewing, you will proceed with the following steps.
Heat 1 cup vanilla soymilk (or milk) with 1 Tablespoon sugar (if desired) and 1 Tablespoon pure pumpkin in the microwave while espresso is brewing. Place heated soymilk (or milk) in the blender, along with pumpkin pie spice. Blend to create frothy consistency. Slowly pour frothy soymilk (or milk) mixture into mug. Add espresso to the soymilk, then top with whipped cream and Pumpkin Pie Spice (or cinnamon) on top. This is such an easy, inexpensive way to have a treat at home!
Aimee’s Homemade Whipped Cream:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
To make homemade whipped cream, with a whisk or hand mixer, beat heavy cream. (Always start with a cold bowl and beaters that you have placed in the freezer) Add sugar and whisk or beat until desired consistency for whipped cream. Set aside.