AIMEE'S FAJITAS DE POLLO (CHICKEN FAJITAS)
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into ¾ inch strips (lengthwise)
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- Sazón Completa (to your taste) - about 2 teaspoons
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- pinch of sugar
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- dash of black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced (cut in half, then slice thinly)
- 1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced (seeds and membranes removed)
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced (seeds and membranes removed)
- 1 teaspoon Sazón Completa
- 1 teaspoon key lime juice
In a large bowl, place chicken strips, the juice and zest of both limes, and seasonings. Stir to combine and set aside to allow flavors to marry for about 30 minutes.
In a separate bowl, place onions and peppers with seasoning and lime juice, stir to combine and set aside.
In a large cast iron skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken strips, and cook for about six minutes, turning about half way through cooking time. Now, add your vegetables and cook for about four minutes.
Serve with warm tortillas, pico de gallo, sour cream and guacamole. And of course, don’t forget the beans!
**Shrimp is easily substituted in this recipe!