Who says you have to order your pizza, or head out, for Friday night pizza specials? I say ... make it, yourself! Once you make this fantastic five cheese pizza, you may never want to eat pizza out, again!
AIMEE'S FIVE CHEESE WHITE PIZZA
- 1 pound pizza dough from bakery
- 6 to 8 slices provolone cheese
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- Freshly grated Parmesan (about 2 Tablespoons; a little goes a long way, and worth the splurge!)
- Fresh basil for topping; if desired
- Freshly grated black pepper for topping; if desired
Preheat oven to 400. Roll your pizza dough out on a greased pizza pan. Place the provolone cheese directly on the crust, then add the mozzarella, feta and ricotta. For the ricotta, I like to "dollop" the ricotta mixture across the pizza, and it puffs up and is delicious when baked. Grate the parmesan cheese on last, then place in the oven. Bake at 400 for 10 minutes, then slide pizza off of pizza pan and place directly onto oven rack. Bake for another 10 minutes for crispy; 8 minutes for softer crust. Top with fresh basil and black pepper. Enjoy!
**If you want red sauce and have issues with the acidity in tomatoes, just stir in 1/4 to 1/2 cup red wine into your pasta sauce.