Busy weeknight? No problem. You can still have a delicious, easy, healthy, one pot meal
Watch Aimee show you how to make this easy dish!
AIMEE'S GINGER CHICKEN AND COCONUT RICE (ONE POT MEAL)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 1/2 cups instant rice
- 1 can coconut milk (which is just a little over 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 Tablespoon grated ginger (for the top)
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
In a large sauté pan (at least a 3 quart size) heat olive oil, then add the garlic and ginger. Cook for 1 minute, then add the cubed chicken. Stir and coat the chicken, cooking for about 5 to 7 minutes. Add the rice to the pan, and lightly toss, to coat with all of the flavors. Next add the entire can of coconut milk, stir well, then cover and cook on medium low for 5 minutes. Remove lid, fluff rice and make sure all of the liquid has been absorbed. Add an extra 1 Tablespoon of grated ginger to the top, if desired (as well as crushed red pepper to the chicken). If needed, add 1/4 cup of water, and allow it to cook down.