- 3 ripe avocados, peeled and halved
- 3 Tablespoons onion, finely chopped – use a sharp knife so that onion keeps its crisp.
- 1 small red tomato, squeeze the juice out and remove seeds
- handful of cilantro, chopped finely, stems removed
- salt and pepper
- dash of cayenne pepper
- dash of chili powder
- serano, habanero or jalapeño, finely chopped (remove seeds if you do not want the heat)
- dash of cumin
- lime juice
Mash avocados first. You do not want the onion and tomato to get mushy. Mix the rest of the ingredients to taste. Serve with tortilla chips, dinner, or in Michala’s case …just grab a spoon and a bowl! (Disclaimer - I never measure ingredients - I just toss it in). If it is for adults, I “spice it up” and add the heat. But if it is for Michala, I usually keep the habanero or jalapeño out.