Everyone seems to love that delicious fruit tea - the orange juice concentrate, lemonade and tea … not to mention extra sugar! This is a delicious way to enjoy fruit tea, only healthier! Freeze orange juice and fruit together, use freshly squeezed oranges and lemons to make this tea enjoyable!
AIMEE'S HEALTHY FRUIT TEA
- 3 Tangerine flavored tea bags
- 3 regular (plain) tea bags
- 1 large orange, juiced
- 1 cup orange juice (if desired, to add to tea)
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 2 Tablespoons simple syrup OR honey may be used to sweeten
- 6 raspberries
- 6 strawberries, sliced and stems removed
- 1 cup orange juice (for fruit ice)
- fresh mint
Place raspberries, strawberries and orange juice in an ice tray. Freeze to use later to keep tea cold, and always remembering my saying that, "Fruit won't dilute!" Brew tea bags together then set aside to cool. Once cooled, pour into pitcher and add freshly squeezed orange juice and lemon juice. Add simple syrup or honey, then add fruit ice. Add mint (either when brewing for a strong mint flavor, or just at the end).