Old, Southern classics like Pimiento Cheese can be made, healthier. Besides, once you lighten up the main dishes and the side dishes, you can eat dessert with less guilt:
AIMEE'S HEALTHY PIMIENTO CHEESE
- 2 (8 ounce) blocks Sharp cheddar cheese, grated or 2 (8 ounce) bags Sharp cheddar cheese (reduced fat cheese may be used, as well as a jalapeño cheese)
- 1 (4 ounce) jar pimientos, with the juice
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (may use more)
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (more or less may be used)
- 1/2 cup Cabot low-fat Greek yogurt (if mixture is not as moist as you desire, add 1 Tablespoon more at a time of Greek yogurt to achieve consistency desired)
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and refrigerate until cold. Serve open face or in a sandwich of your favorite bread, and enjoy!