We all love a good Mexican meal, and you can make shrimp fajitas at home, cheap, quick and easy! Not only is it cheaper to make at home, but it is much healthier, too. So kick start the new year by making some of your favorite meals that you eat out, right in your own kitchen:
AIMEE'S EASY, HEALTHY SHRIMP FAJITAS
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- Sazón Completa (to your taste) - about 2 Tablespoons
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- pinch of sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- dash of black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced (cut in half, then slice thinly)
- 1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced (seeds and membranes removed)
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced (seeds and membranes removed)
- 1 teaspoon Sazón Completa
- 1 teaspoon key lime juice
In a large bowl, place shrimp, the juice and zest of both limes, and seasonings. Stir to combine and set aside to allow flavors to marry for about 10-15 minutes.
In a separate bowl, place onions and peppers with seasoning and lime juice, stir to combine and set aside.
In a large cast iron skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add your vegetables and cook for about four minutes. Add shrimp and cook until shrimp turns pink and curls at the tail.
Serve with warm tortillas, pico de gallo, sour cream and guacamole. And of course, don’t forget the beans!