HERB CRUSTED PORTK TENDERLOIN
My sweet friend, Mary Tucker from Sarasota, Florida shared this recipe for this delicious pork tenderloin with me. I love to make this dish with risotto and baked asparagus. Both of those recipes follow below.
- ½ cup fine, dry bread crumbs (store bought is just fine, and I like to use the seasoned variety)*
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 3 Tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 ½ pounds pork tenderloins
(*I used 1 cup breadcrumbs, 4 ½ T. olive oil, 1/1/2 Tablespoons Kosher salt to make the crust thicker. You can play with this however you see fit, and use whatever amount you like)
Stir together breadcrumbs and the next five ingredients. Moisten the pork tenderloin with water, and press the crumb mixture over the tenderloins and place on a rack on roasting pan. Bake at 425 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the tenderloins registers 160 F.