I have always said that I do not believe in dieting or depriving yourself of anything. By making these individual, apple "pot" pies, you are able to still enjoy a sweet dessert, yet not go overboard! Plus, they are super easy to make and you can do these on a whim, with what you have in your refrigerator and pantry!
AIMEE'S INDIVIDUAL LIGHTENED UP APPLE POT PIES
- 3 apples, washed and sliced
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice (or mixture of cinnamon and nutmeg),
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice to squeeze on top of apples and set aside.
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup oatmeal (I used quick cooking oats)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons butter, diced
Lightly grease 4 ramekins with cooking spray. For the topping, mix flour, oatmeal, brown sugar, and butter together until crumbly. Mix apples and seasoning, then toss together and divide into 4 ramekins. Mix topping ingredients, then top apples with crumb mixture. Place ramekins on a cookie sheet, then bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes.