Every once in a while, we all deserve a little splurge. Today, it's lobster. Lobster ceviche. Ceviche is a delicious way to stretch that sweet lobster even further. When a medium lobster tail is on sale for $6.99, it is certainly cheaper than eating lobster out at a restaurant, so indulge a little!
AIMEE'S LOBSTER CEVICHe
- 2 to 3 medium lobster tails, meat removed and chopped into small chunks
- 1 cup fresh lime juice (about 4 limes)
- the juice from two large lemons; about 1 cup
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 small red onion, finely minced
- 1 habanero pepper, finely diced (be careful about touching your eyes and face after touching the inside of this pepper)
- salt and pepper to taste (I like to use kosher salt)
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- **Red, green and yellow bell peppers may be added for more color, if desired. Just finely dice them if you add to the recipe.
- Extra lime slices for garnish
- Avocado slices for garnish
Cut the lobster into bite size pieces and place in a large glass bowl with the lime, lemon and orange juices. Add the garlic, red onion and pepper, tossing all to coat. Cover with clear wrap, and refrigerate for about 2 hours, stirring occasionally. Remove from the refrigerator, uncover and add salt, pepper and cilantro, stirring gently to mix. You may serve this on a tostada, with chips, or in a beautiful martini glass with a lime wedge and avocado slices for garnish.