This is an easy, inexpensive recipe to serve at your next party, or to take to a cookout! As simple as it is to make, the outcome is a beautiful, elegant display ... almost too pretty to eat. Almost!
AIMEE'S MANGO AVOCADO CRAB SHOOTERS
- Juice and zest from one large lime (use more limes, if needed)
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 handful cilantro, chopped
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1 pound jumbo lump crabmeat (claw meat may be substituted, as it is an inexpensive substitute)
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 package disposable shot glasses
- additional limes and cilantro for garnish
Add all ingredients into a large bowl and stir gently to combine, and coat all ingredients with the lime juice. Taste for seasonings, and adjust if needed. Spoon crab filling into shot glasses and garnish with torn cilantro on top. Place lime wedges and slices between the glasses on the serving tray and enjoy! * Diced habanero pepper may be added for heat. **Corn may also be added; I use fresh corn, but if you used canned corn, drain and rinse corn, completely.