Peaches and mango are just meant to go together, and when you add it to chicken, the result is pretty darned good. This is an easy dinner to prepare after a long, hot day, and is a great sandwich to enjoy on a picnic. The peach-mango marinade is delicious and gives the chicken a fabulous, caramelized glaze.
AIMEE'S PEACH MANGO HABANERO CHICKEN SANDWICH
- 2 peaches, peeled
- 1 mango, peeled
- 1 habanero pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into long strips
- Cabot Greek yogurt (about 4 Tablespoons, total, for spreading)
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- Cabot Hot Habanero Cheddar Cheese* sliced for topping chicken (this Hot Habanero is very spicy. If you do not care for extra-spicy, use the Pepper Jack)
- 1 loaf of 5 Grain bread
- 1 peach, sliced
- Cooking spray
In a blender, blend peaches and mango to make a puree. Pour mixture into a gallon size, zip top freezer bag, using a spatula to scrape all of puree mixture into the bag. Add chicken strips, habanero pepper (if serving to children, you might want to omit the habanero pepper) cilantro and red onion to bag. Seal top of bag and allow mixture to marinate in the refrigerator overnight (or all day). Preheat non-stick skillet to medium-high heat. To cook, remove chicken from bag with tongs and discard mixture. Lightly spray skillet with cooking spray then add chicken. Cook for about 6 to 8 minutes, turning twice; or until the chicken is cooked all the way through. Just before removing chicken from heat, add hot cheese slices to the top of chicken to help cheese melt. Spread Greek yogurt on bread, then add slices of peach, spinach and hot chicken. Wrap in parchment paper for a picnic and enjoy!