A dear friend of mine who is Jewish told me, "We Jewish girls are always looking for new dishes for Passover!" Jewish and non-Jewish viewers alike will love my easy, Mediterranean Quinoa dish!
AIMEE'S MEDITERRANEAN QUINOA
- 1 cup Pure Quinoa, rinsed, soaked in water then drained and rinsed again
- 2 cups Kosher reduced sodium chicken broth (for Passover)
- 1 can Garbanzo beans (chickpeas) drained, rinsed and drained again
- 1/2 cup roasted red bell peppers, diced
- 1/2 cup Mediterranean, Manzanilla olives rinsed and drained twice (to remove sodium), then halved
- 1 cup feta cheese
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil (check label for Kosher Olive Oil)
- 1 Tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
After rinsing and draining the quinoa (to remove any bitterness), place 1 cup quinoa and 2 cups chicken broth in a pot. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat to low, cover and cook for about 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, remove the pot from the heat and allow to stand for about another 5 minutes. Remove the lid and pour the quinoa into a serving bowl and fluff with a fork. Add the garbanzo beans, roasted bell peppers, olives, feta cheese, parsley and gently toss. Drizzle the olive oil and lemon juice over the top and gently stir one more time before serving. Enjoy!