AIMEE'S PICO DE GALLO
- 1 large tomato, seeded, cut and squeeze the juice out
- ½ cup white onion, finely chopped
- handful of cilantro, chopped finely
- 1 habanero, or jalapeño diced finely** (See note)
- fresh squeezed lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
In a medium sized bowl, mix all ingredients together, and squeeze the lime juice on top. Gently mix. If you do not want the heat from the habanero or jalapeño, remove the seeds and ribs when dicing. (If you are extremely sensitive to the peppers, wear latex gloves when handling). Either way, do NOT touch your eyes or face after you have handled a hot pepper.