Celebrate Halloween and Dia de los Muertos this weekend with these delicious Pumpkin Pancakes, Bourbon Butter and Cinnamon Whipped Cream!
Watch Aimee make these yummy pancakes!
AIMEE'S PUMPKIN PANCAKES
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- Tiny pinch of salt
- 1 (heaping) tablespoon sugar
- 1 1-1/4 to 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (or any flavoring that you would like)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (pure pumpkin puree) or you can use 1 cup mashed sweet potatoes
In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients with a whisk or a fork, and stir well to combine. In a separate bowl, add milk, butter, vanilla, egg and pumpkin, and then make an indentation with your finger in the bowl with dry ingredients. (Like you are digging a hole). Add wet ingredients, mix until combined, and then stop. You do not want to over mix. Lightly grease and heat your pancake griddle. Using a ladle or a small measuring cup, add your batter to the griddle, and cook. (You will see bubbles on the edges and that tells you it is time to flip!) Cook on both sides until lightly browned.
AIMEE'S BOURBON BUTTER
- 1/2 stick butter, softened
- 2 Tablespoons bourbon (I used Jim Beam Single Barrel)
In a small bowl, mix together the butter and bourbon. Serve this over the pancakes, with cinnamon whipped cream.
AIMEE'S CINNAMON WHIPPED CREAM
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 Tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon (to 1 teaspoon) cinnamon
Chill your bowl and beaters (or whisk) in the freezer until ready to mix. In cold bowl, beat together the heavy whipping cream, then add the powdered sugar and cinnamon. Beat until soft peaks form. Store in an airtight container in your refrigerator.