AIMEE'S PUMPKIN OR VEGGIE TACOS
- 2 Tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 2 cups fresh pumpkin, peeled and cubed (Could substitute Butternut Squash, or Acorn Squash, or any of your other favorite vegetables)
- ½ cup vegetable stock
- salt and pepper (to your taste)
- Ground Cumin (also to your taste; about 1 Tablespoon)
- Oregano (also to your taste)
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Corn, Multi Grain or Whole Wheat Tortillas
- Pico de Gallo
- 1 avocado, chopped with the juice from ½ to 1 whole lime added
There are two easy ways to prepare the pumpkin/squash. You can either cut the vegetables in half, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle sea salt, pepper and brown sugar on top and roast them for 45 minutes at 425. Then, cut into large chunks and proceed with taco instructions. Or, you can heat the vegetable oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Cook the pumpkin and/or squash in the oil for a couple of minutes, and then add the vegetable stock and seasonings. Cook until the pumpkin is soft to the touch with a fork (like a potato would feel). Meanwhile, warm your tortillas, either in a 225 degree, warm oven, or in a skillet, turning quickly so as not to burn. (No oil or butter needed to warm the tortillas).
Add the pumpkin mixture to the warm tortilla, and top with pico de gallo, avocado, fresh lime juice and cilantro. (Sour cream may certainly be added, if desired).