Fresh vegetables don't have to be just a summer time food! Roasting these vegetables is an inexpensive, easy way to enjoy a delicious side dish, and they almost taste like sweet candy!
AIMEE'S ROASTED WINTER VEGETABLES
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 baking potatoes, washed and cut into chunks (optional to peel)
- 2 white onions, peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 red onion, peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced OR 6 cloves of garlic, whole cloves
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon sea or kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
Preheat oven to 425. On a large cookie sheet or roasting pan lined with aluminum foil, place vegetables on pan and then pour olive oil on vegetables (or you may pour into your hands) and rub all over vegetables. Sprinkle salt and pepper over vegetables and give a good toss. Roast for 35-45 minutes, until vegetables are soft and stir with a spatula half way through.