Mix up these easy, delicious spicy cheese-stuffed curry-turkey sliders and feel okay about eating in front of the TV for the basketball games! Just be careful, because these are spicy hot!
Watch Aimee making these sliders for your Basketball tournament games!
AIMEE'S SPICY CHEESE STUFFED CURRY TURKEY SLIDERS
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup low fat Greek yogurt (I used Cabot)
- 1 teaspoon ground curry
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 block of Hot Habanero Cheese; or any of your favorite cheese (I used Cabot)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- slider rolls or dinner rolls
- 1/2 cup low fat Greek yogurt (I used Cabot)
- 2 Tablespoons chipotles in adobo sauce (chop the peppers if you use them; the sauce is plenty hot, though)
Mix turkey, yogurt, curry, Worcestershire sauce and red pepper flakes together. Form into small balls. Cut the cheese into large slices, then cut each slice in thirds. Place one chunk of cheese in the center of each "ball" and form meat mixture around the cheese. Heat a large skillet to medium high heat, then add olive oil. Cook each burger for about 5 minutes then flip once. Cover your skillet to steam burgers, if desired. For the sauce, mix 1/2 cup low fat Greek yogurt and 2 Tablespoons chipotles in adobo sauce. Spread this mixture on your slider rolls and then place spinach and burgers. Top with avocado and any other toppings you enjoy.