This is a mouthful to say, but so easy to prepare, even if you are "Not the Perfect Cook!"
If you really want to impress your guests, serve this the next time you have a cookout. These are spicy, southern, peachy delicious:
AIMEE'S SPICY PEACH MOJO PORK TENDERLOIN SLIDERS
- 2 pork tenderloins (about 1.5 to 2 pounds each)
- 3 cups peaches, diced and set aside with 1 Tablespoon sugar (later you will reserve the juice from the peaches)
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 habanero pepper, diced (careful not to touch your face or eyes!)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- handful (about 1/4 cup) fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup orange juice (freshly squeezed or store-bought)
- 1 cup lime juice
- reserved peach juice
Mix all ingredients for the Spicy Southern Peach Mojo in a bowl and pour 2/3 of mixture into zip-top plastic bags. Put the remaining Mojo into a sealed container. Place pork tenderloins in bag with peach mixture and refrigerate bag of pork and mojo (and container of mojo) overnight.
- Peach salsa (recipe below)
- slider buns
- spicy mustard
When ready to grill, using tongs, remove the pork from the bag and blot the pork with paper towels to blot moisture from it. Allow the pork to sit at room temperature, covered with foil, for half an hour. Heat the grill to high heat, and grill the tenderloins for about 3 minutes, rolling to grill all sides; then reduce heat to medium heat. Grill for likely another 9 to 12 minutes; depending on size. (If your tenderloins are larger, they will need more time). When internal temperature reaches 155 with a thermometer, remove from heat, cover with foil and let rest for 10 minutes. (The pork will continue to cook). Meanwhile, pour marinade mixture into a small saucepan and over medium heat, bring to a simmer. Allow to simmer while pork is resting (about 10 minutes) or until sauce is thickened and serve with pork. If you prefer, you can bake the pork in the oven at 350 for about 40 minutes, or until pork reaches 160 degrees (using a meat thermometer).
Serve on slider buns and top with peach salsa and spicy mustard. Enjoy!
AIMEE'S PEACH SALSA
- 1 peach, peeled and diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- juice from 1 lime
- 1 habanero, diced
- avocado, cubed (optional)
Place all ingredients in small bowl and combine.