Watch Aimee make this tasty dish!
AIMEE'S MEATLOF WITH MOM'S ZESTY TOPPING
I make this comfort food dish even healthier by using ground turkey. The topping is sweet, but a little goes a long way, so don't feel bad!
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 white onion, grated (I use a grater to make the onion juice come out, and to change the texture)
- 1 carrot, grated
- 4 to 6 slices of bread, also grated (I use the grater to make bread crumbs)
- Sazón Completa (to your taste)
- salt and pepper (to your taste)
- 1 egg, beaten
- ⅓ cup milk (I do not measure this, so forgive me!)
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons mustard
In a large bowl, add bread crumbs, seasonings and pour milk on top. Let the bread crumbs absorb the milk. Next, add the egg, carrot, onion and stir to combine. Lastly, add your ground turkey (or beef) and mix all together. (I like to add the meat last, or you could overwork your meat and make it tough.) Grease a loaf pan, and pour into pan. Now mix ketchup, brown sugar and mustard, then spread over top. Bake at 350 for 1 hour.