AIMEE'S TURKEY TACO SALAD
- 1 pound ground turkey or ground beef
- 2 Tablespoons Aimee's Mexican Spice Blend (recipe follows below)
- chopped mango
- black beans (drained if using canned)
- corn (drained if using canned)
- shredded lettuce
- shredded cheese
- fresh pico de gallo (or salsa)
- Tortilla chips
- Sour Cream
Cook and brown ground turkey (or ground beef); drain. Add Taco seasoning and 1 Tablespoon water. Stir to incorporate seasonings. Layer tortilla chips, lettuce, meat, mango, black beans, corn, cheese, salsa, sour cream and guacamole.
AIMEE'S MEXICAN SPICE BLEND
(For tacos or tostadas, etc.)
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon Sazón Completa
- 1 teaspoon Cajun or Creole seasoning
Mix all together.
**I like to make my own spices whenever possible, because packaged seasonings and flavorings have so much sodium.