Is Taco Tuesday a favorite in your house? Then whip up this delicious Turkey Taco Soup tomorrow for dinner. I call it my spicy, "allergy and sinus" fighter.
Watch Aimee making this soup!
AIMEE'S TURKEY TACO SOUP
You can make this as spicy or as mild as you desire.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 package (1.3 to 1.5 pounds) ground turkey
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 Tablespoon Mexican Spice Blend
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup blender salsa (or, 1 can tomatoes with chilies)
- 1 can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 chili peppers, finely diced, optional
- 1 can green chiles, chopped
- 4 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled (or queso fresco)
Heat olive oil in a large soup pot. Add the ground turkey and onion, and cook until the ground turkey is cooked, through. If using fresh chili peppers, add them with the onion and cook. Add the seasonings and stir well to coat. Next, add the salsa (or tomatoes with chiles) then the beans and chilies. Stir well, then add the chicken broth. Taste to see if you need to adjust the seasonings; and allow soup to simmer for about 20 minutes to heat, through, then add the corn. The corn just needs a few minutes to cook, so add about 8 to 10 minutes before serving. Top with crumbled feta cheese or queso fresco. Enjoy!
AIMEE'S MEXICAN SPICE BLEND
- 1 Tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 Tablespoon cumin
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
Mix all in an air-tight container and keep in a cool, dry place.